Sunday, March 6, 2011

Blog 3/4/11

In the speech Ernesto gives thanks to the Peruvians which is very nice of him. He thanks the Peruvians for their hospitality in celebrating his birthday even though they just met him. Along with Ernesto's thankfulness he also tells them of his wish to have a single mestizo race. I believe that this statement was greatly appreciated by the people of Peru. But I believe that it will be very difficult to do so. People would have to come together despite their differences. Overall I believe the speech Ernesto gave was a good one and pleased the Peruvians.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the speech was a nice and positive one. However, I do not exactly know how much the Peruvians would want to be considered one mestizo race with all of the other countries. Just because they are in South America does not mean that they all want to be considered one race, just like how us living in North America may not want to be considered and generalized as "a people" or something along those lines.

    ReplyDelete