Very soon, I knew, we would both be completely twisted.
My attorney saw the hitchhiker long before I did. “Let’s give this boy a lift.”
We’d be fools not to ride this strange torpedo all the way out to the end.
You have no faith in the essential decency of the white man’s culture.
One of these days I’ll toss a fucking bomb into this place!
Challenge the bastards on their own turf.
He immediately cracked one [amyl] under his nose,
This is good medicine.
The kid was climbing out of the back seat,
Don’t worry about me.
His feet hit the asphalt and he started running back toward Baker.
But let’s forget that bullshit about the American Dream.
The important ting is the great Samoan Dream.
Ignore this terrible drug and pretend it’s not happening.
But there’s somebody looking for you.
Nobody even notices an acid freak.
There were signs that we might be losing control of the situation.
Memories of this night are extremely hazy.
Suddenly people were screaming at us.
I jammed the hash pipe back into my pocket just in time.
Ah, devil ether – a total body drug.
One more hour in this town and I’ll kill somebody!
You drive, he said. I think there’s something wrong with me.
One of the things you learn, after years of dealing with drug people, is that everything is serious.
What was the meaning of this trip?
josh, this novel is phenominal from what i have been reding so far. i am hooked on because it is a novel dealing with warfare and it is a topic i am very intrigued by. i think i understand the main character and how he feels. it seems like he is protesting against a group running the nation and he wants to start a revolution to change something.
ReplyDeleteAlso, the use of drugs also contributes to the madman running around in anger shooting people. i like how the ending of the poem is very calm as if this was something they do everyday. it was amazing.